About the Study
The San Francisco VA Medical Center is conducting research to better understand military stress and to develop new and more effective treatments. We are currently conducting a study that examines learning and memory during a computerized task. This is particularly important because of the role that learning and memory play in treatment and recovery from stress.
You May be Eligible if You
- Are a male or female Veteran between the ages of 20-50
- Experienced a traumatic event
- Meet other study criteria
The study involves a 10-15 minute screening interview by telephone at your convenience. If you are eligible and agree to participate, we will invite you to come to the San Francisco VA Medical Center for 4 meetings, including a longer mental and physical health screening, including blood testing, completion of questionnaires, and the computer learning task.
Study participants will be asked to:
- Make 4 visits to the San Francisco VA
- Complete a computerized task involving a mild electrical pulse
- Provide a blood sample prior to each task
Participants will receive up to $225 for their time.
(415) 221-4810 x2-5116 email@example.com