Who We Are
NCIRE - The Veterans Health Research Institute has one mission and one goal: Veterans Health. We are the leading nonprofit research institute in the United States devoted to advancing Veterans health research.
How NCIRE Helps Veterans
The physical and mental consequences of military service are serious and complicated. Our scientists, clinicians and researchers are united in their dedication to care for the brave men and women who have served our country in the Armed Forces.
NCIRE is part of one of the world’s most dedicated and successful Veterans care communities, pioneering new treatments and understandings of military medicine and care. We take seriously our obligation to understand and meet the health challenges facing all generations of military Veterans. Through new technologies, novel scientific insights, and international clinical collaborations, we strive to set a new standard of health care for Veterans and military personnel.
Along with our partners at the San Francisco VA Medical Center and the University of California, San Francisco, we:
- Provide care for Veterans
- Discover and develop effective, safe, and practical treatments for military injuries and diseases, and deploy them worldwide
- Train new researchers in Veterans health
- Prepare new generations of providers to care for Veterans in the years to come
We focus on:
- Psychological Health / Post-Traumatic Stress
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Gulf War illness
- Heart disease
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- Chronic kidney and liver diseases
- Readjustment and reintegration into society